Reply All emails make you less productive
- We tend to ignore things that are sent to large groups of people. The Reply All email must be relevant to someone else if it’s not intended directly at you.
- Reply All threads often fork into 2 or 3 separate conversations, wasting further time as you manage each part of the thread
- Reply All messages sent in anger can rebound on the sender and start a flame war
- Can you trust everyone on the ‘To:’ line not to propagate the message further?
- Is the message actually meant for each of the recipients?
- Are you wasting their time Replying to All?
Be productive – don’t hit that icon… It could come back and bite you…
Image from the Division of Labor new rules of work project
Eileen is a social business strategist, ZDNet columnist and author of Working The Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business. Contact her to find out how she can help your business extend its reach.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.