Digital technology has transformed the world around us. From the capabilities on our mobile phone, to Artificial Intelligence (AI), automated chatbots, smart home automation gadgets, and streamlined processes, technology is already ubiquitous.
But how can the digital business improve your company and change the way you do business?
The Digital Business: Advantages of digitisation
The advantages of making your business digital are:
- Add Strategic value: understanding how your organisation works, and competes with other organisations can generate a strategic value for your business. Having insight across the industry will enable you to work on level terms with potential partners – and competitors.
- Success measurement: You will be able to discover your specific niche in your target market. You will be able to analyse success of your campaigns, and measure success of all your activities. Your business can stay competitive
- Reach: Your business will be able to reach more, and new people with your digital content. This will bring awareness to those who are unaware of your work.
- Connectivity: You will be able to communicate with your customers using a range of technologies including words, audio, video, recordings, websites, and apps. Your customers can access your messages across a range of different hardware formats such as mobile phones, tablets, and PC’s
- Content: You will be able to meet your reader’s demands for information and release repurposed ‘evergreen’ content online at regular intervals. Digitisation will enable the business to take advantage of latest trends. Your content is available, searchable, and can be repurposed without time lost in re-typing the content. Your customers can get information without repeated conversations and emails. Online information enables customers to easily discover answers to frequently asked questions and themes. Customers want specific information tailored to their needs.
- Efficiency: Having a digital communication system will enable your staff to work more effectively and become more productive. Shared electronic documents will eliminate the need for paper documentation – saving the business money. Streamlining processes and business functions involve decision making. Remembering customer preferences, and insights into what customers and members need becomes simple. Digitisation enables customer and member data to be available across the organisation
- Shared knowledge: Collaboration will enable interaction between the entire team who has access to the shared knowledge repository. You will be able to make faster and better decisions with a digital organisation. Digital organisations are no longer islands of knowledge in a sea of data. They benefit from knowledge sharing, democratisation of information, and collaboration.
- Thought Leadership: Your content shows your worth online. You will be able to show your expertise in specific areas and demonstrate to your audience your thought leadership across your topic.
- Learning: Staff training can become a low-risk task. Training documentation in a central location enables staff to easily access relevant training whenever they need help.
- Flexibility: Flexible working will enable your staff to work anywhere they choose. The ‘third space’ – a coffee shop, library, or anywhere with a Wi-F connection – can become their workplace between their office and home.
- Peace of mind: The digital business will be secure knowing that documents are regularly backed up, stored, and archived online, accessible from anywhere. Maintaining this data store is not expensive and, once data is catalogued and centrally stored, search easily finds the items required.
Many organisations are rising to the new challenges and opportunities presented by digitisation. Find experts who fully understand your business, have the right project management, and technical skills to ensure your digital success. Once you are on the way to enabling your digital business, the efficiencies you will experience will be well worth your effort.