Sometimes, even when we’re surrounded by our colleagues in IT, we can feel isolated in the workplace. Wherever we work, our challenges are similar. Recognising this, Avaya, Cisco, Dell, Google, HP, IBM, Intel, and Microsoft have collaborated to host events for our women’s groups.
We have named this initiative “Connecting Women in Technology”. Twice a year, we get together for an afternoon of presentations, inspiration, and networking, with colleagues from the IT industry.
Connecting Women in Technology is about communication: within companies like our women’s networking group, across companies, across boundaries, and across geographies.
We hope that this initiative can celebrate the great practices across our companies. We hope to give you a chance to be inspired and empowered by role models. We want to give you an opportunity to network with other women with in similar careers who you normally would not meet..
If you would like to create your own ‘Connecting Women in…’ network and would like advice on how we set up and successfully manage our cross industry Connecting Women in Technology, get in touch on +44 7764 359 905 or email me at: email@example.com
Resources for Women in Technology: Click here for local groups in your region
Connecting Women in Technology Project team
- Event 1: March 2008 at IBM
- Event 2: October 2008 at Cisco
- Event 3: March 2009 at Microsoft
- Event 4: September 2009 4 at Dell
- Event 5: April 2010 at Intel
- Event 6: February 2011 at Google
- Event7: October 2011 at HP
- Event 8: March 2012 at Avaya
- Event 9: October 2012 at IBM
- Event 10: March 2013 at Cisco
- Event 11: October 2013 at Microsoft
- Event 12, March 2014 at Dell
- Event 13, October 2014 at Intel
- Event 14, May 2015 at Google
- Event 15, September 2015 at HP
- Event 16, April 2016 at Avaya
- Event 17, October 2016 at IBM
- Event 18, April 2017 at Cisco
- Event 19, October 2017 at Microsoft
- Event 20, April 2018 at Dell