Sometimes, even when we’re surrounded by our colleagues in IT, we can feel quite isolated in the workplace and it seems to be that wherever we work our challenges are quite similar. Recognising this, Avaya, Cisco, Dell, Google, HP, IBM, Intel and Microsoft have come together in collaboration to host cross company events for each of our women’s groups. -
We’ve named this initiative “Connecting Women in Technology” and twice a year, we aim to get together for an afternoon of presentations, discussion and networking, with colleagues from across the IT industry.
Connecting Women in Technology is all about communication: within companies like our own internal women’s networking group, across companies, across boundaries, across geographies.
We hope that this initiative can celebrate all of the great practices in each of our workplaces. We hope to give you a chance to be inspired and empowered by role models, and give you an opportunity to network with other women with in similar careers who you normally wouldn’t meet in your day job. .
If you would like to create your own ‘Connecting Women in…’ network and would like advice on how we set up and successfully manage our cross industry Connecting Women in Technology, get in touch on +44 7764 359 905 or enail me at: email@example.com
Resources for Women in Technology: Click here for local groups in your region
Connecting Women in Technology Project team
- Event 1: March 2008 at IBM
- Event 2: October 2008 at Cisco
- Event 3: March 2009 at Microsoft
- Event 4: September 2009 4 at Dell
- Event 5: April 2010 at Intel
- Event 6: February 2011 at Google
- Event7: October 2011 at HP
- Event 8: March 2012 at Avaya
- Event 9: October 2012 at IBM
- Event 10: March 2013 at Cisco
- Event 11: October 2013 at Microsoft
- Event 12: March 2014 at Dell
- Event 13: October 2014 at Intel