This is such a great post from the life optimiser blog. I often dip into this to pick up some inspiration and get ideas to motivate me. Read the full post from life optimiser here to get the main points. I’ve captured the main headings below – and added my own interpretation to the headings.
So this is what I think you need to get your motivation and inspiration..
1. Be decisive: Say what you mean to say and do what you say you’re going to do. Don’t prevaricate. There is not enough time left to waste time by indecision
2. Act like you mean it. If you’re committed to something – show your passion, show your commitment to a task – and do it!
3. Draw from inspirational words of wisdom. These might be from a friend, or from someone famous, My own mantra is “you can do anything you really want to do – if you believe in yourself enough”
4. Stand on the “shoulders of giants.” Find a leader and follow them, get your guidance from your friends and mentors. Follow good examples of leadership, discard bad examples from your life
5. Play the favourite scenes in your mind. Imagine what winning feels like. Imagine success. it will make it easier to achieve when it happens.
6. Shift to the future. Don’t dwell in the past. You can’t change anything there. Move on. Get over it. You’ll feel better when you do
7. Connect to your values. Live your values. don’t compromise. your conscience won’t forgive you…
and one of my own…
8. Believe in yourself. Others will follow your lead and start to believe in you too. Your self belief will motivate others.
The life optimiser post talks about getting your own inspiration and it’s inspired me to put my own thoughts down – which is a sort of recursive inspiration spiral for me. But a really positive way to move things forward in your life
Image credit: Flickr
Eileen is a social business strategist and author of Working The Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business. Contact her to find out how she can help your business extend its reach.