I don’t think so. For me Twitter is a useful source of information and news. But you might think differently. Here’s a neat infographic showing some interesting Twitter facts such as:
- 33% of Traffic comes from the US
- 20% of users produce 80% of content (not known whether this is all valuable content)
- 25% of users have no followers at all. (Spam accounts, or pseudo marketing accounts)
- 19% use Twitter to get customer support
- Twitter is the most successful platform for sharing links to videos
The most useful point? Twitter messages are archived and searchable. Forever. Remember that. Especially if you’re angry, drunk, feeling vindictive or stressed.
Thanks to problogger blog for the image and research…
Eileen Brown is a social media consultant and author of Working The Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business.
Contact her to find out how she can help your business extend its reach.