I’ve been Networking tonight. I don’t tend to use these networking meetings to ask for business from the other members of the network, rather, I use networking as an opportunity to connect with people I’ve never met before. Is it a successful strategy? I don’t know. It’s certainly makes me feel better than asking people to give me work, and most of my work comes through referrals from people I know, or people I’ve got to know recently. These are referrals from my extended network and they do seem to work. Tonight’s topic for the networking group was the 12 steps to success . Interesting to think about whether I’m on the right track in my business or not?
Ann Hawkins makes her living teaching people how to be successful. What a great business model. She shared the inspiration behind the theory, from Napoleon Hill’s think and grow rich book. he interviewed over 500 successful people, many of the millionaires and devised the formula for success. Here are the top line steps to consider if you’d like to be successful.
- Decide what you want. Desire is the starting point of achievement.
- Believe that you can get what you want. Self doubt will prevent you from taking action.
- You don’t have to do it all yourself. Surround yourself with people who know what you don’t know and who can do what you can’t do.
- Make practical use of your imagination. Work out how to turn your dreams into reality.
- Create a plan. Organise your ideas and take continuous action.
- Avoid procrastination and make decisions. Use information and knowledge from others but let the decisions be your own.
- Develop persistence and overcome obstacles. Things will go wrong, people will let you down. if your desire is strong enough you will find a way through all difficulties to achieve your desire.
- Acquire and learn how to use power. The ability to lead others in a spirit of harmony to achieve a definitive objective is a major source of success.
- Understand the role of sex in success. it is the most powerful of desires When this desire is harnessed into a creative process it can be the source of genius. It can also be the most destructive.
- Learn to use the power of the subconscious mind which can work against you but which can be controlled.
- Develop and learn to trust the sixth sense. Intuition can help us to avoid dangers and grasp opportunities
- Outwit the ghosts of fear. Fear is the major obstacle to achievement
Hmm. I need to work on a couple of these. I’m damn good at number 2, 3, 9 10 and 11 and I’m fairly good at a a couple of others :-) But I need to progress in my areas of weakness here and become a millionaire 🙂
So which of these work for you? Which are not in your own steps to success model?