Following on from Steve’s blog entry the other day, after listening to James’ musings at the roadshow on Wednesday, because it’s Friday, I’m winding down to a wonderful sunny weekend, and completed my urgent tasks – I thought I’d add my thoughts to the list of great things (features etc.) that we’ve done. So here goes…
- The Microsoft mouse. Who would EVER want to navigate their way around using the Alt Ctl and Tab keys again?
- The hibernate feature – cos I’m always in a hurry
- Ink – doodle and make notes, and IM with one stylus
- The wireless searching thingy. It just finds the wireless and connects. Perfect for the “less than gifted” user in your life
- DHCP in Windows – so I don’t need to fiddle around with hosts files and BIND any more
- Autosave in Word. For everyone who has “inadvertently” closed the wrong window – yup that means me too!
- Ctrl Z, Ctrl C, Ctrl V – I’ve used these for years and years and would be devastated if we dropped it… Even works here as I’m typing this – pure genius
- Exchange Unified Messaging. Totally brilliant for people like me who are always on the move. This is going to be a classic for future top 10’s
- The Smartphone. I have to agree with Steve here – I can’t do my job without it…
- USB plug and play. Can you manage without your memory stick?
When typing this, I noticed that I was focusing on bits of the completed product – the technologies and services which go into making a product really great. It’s often the little things and the peripherals that make my life so easy. There’s my list. Did I miss anything out?