Error Code: – 2147467259 The agent could not connect to the MOM Server

This is a real pig of an error message, and has had me chasing my tail today about it.  My MOM agent just couldn’t contact to the MOM server.  I found some information about how to work arond the problem in the kb article, and played around with the security settings and the registry to see if I could connect. 

I had a look at the EnableAuthEpResolution Registry Key to see if the RPC Endpoint mapper was causing the problem and thoroughly scared myself reading the developer blurb.  so I went back to basics.

Tried ping.  Hmm.  Didn’t work

Tried Ipconfig.  Aha.  192.168.x.x.  What a pillock!

Works fine now.  What a waste of a couple of hours!