I stumbled upon a great post by a photographer, Jen McKen who lives in Pennsylvania. She’s taken quite a stand against bullies and is to be applauded for her actions on her Facebook page. Here’s the screenshot of her post:
She sent out emails to the girls and their parents, and returned their deposits. As she says If you are ugly on the inside, I’m sorry but I won’t take your photos to make you look pretty on the outside!
It’s a really brave thing for a small business owner to do. Taking a stand and risking losing revenue is a big risk. Its also wonderful that Jen runs an ethical business, and stands up for what she believes in.
May her business reap the rewards for her stand on bullying. So many children’s lives are ruined by bullies that it’s heartening to find someone who is committed to changing this behaviour in schools.
Eileen is a social media consultant and author of Working The Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business. Contact her to find out how she can help your business extend its reach.
Eileen Brown is the CEO at Amastra and Author of Working The Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business. She also writes the Social Business column for ZDNet.
Amastra energises your social media strategy: to connect with your customers, identify influencers and gain advocates for your brand.
We work with you to enhance collaboration in the workplace and make your business social.
We help you implement social tools that change the way you connect and work.
We transform social engagement, improving satisfaction and perception about your brand.
We forge your vibrant community, amplify your message and improve the quality of your connection to your customers.
We develop your social strategy, customer reach and online branding.
We enhance communication and connections across workgroups in your organisation.
If you are losing opportunities as you do not have an effective engagement framework, crisis plan or social media strategy, call us. Amastra can help you change the way you connect.
Get your social media strategy right. First time.
Get in touch:
Book: Working the Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business
Subscribe to our Newsletter. Sign up here:
URL’s personal… on Google + may charge you for yo… John Breakwell on Why I hate Internet cooki… Tony on Sex, Tattoos and iPhone a… eileenb on Why I hate Internet cooki… Rafal Lukawiecki on Why I hate Internet cooki…
Search my previous blog entries
- RT @bryanglick: When famous people die we're often inundated with hyperbole. With Mandela, no hyperbole can convey his achievements- a true… 6 hours ago
- RT @suffolkclean: @WiREUK @SmallBizSatUK @maryportas #cashmobSFK #cashmobs coming to #Ipswich Sat 7/12 11am. facebook.com/cashmobsuffolk pls RT 10 hours ago
- RT @janehamerton: RT @Wildinsuffolk: @maryportas Suffolk is just launching a community Cashmob for local shops too. facebook.com/CashMobSuffolk… 10 hours ago
- RT @LaughingSquid: A Very Informative Basic Wine Guide By Wine Folly laughingsquid.com/a-very-informa… 11 hours ago
- RT @HistoryNeedsYou: Thinking of you all this evening “@RadioHumberside: Flood sirens now sounding in Grimsby & Cleethorpes. Tidal surge li… 11 hours ago
Blog Branding Business Collaboration Community Design Events Exchange Facebook Fun Inspiration Internet Leadership Management Marketing Mobile Off topic Online Brand Privacy Self Development Social Business Social Commerce Social Media Social Networking Strategy Technology Twitter Uncategorized Whimsy women in Technology
Site infoEileen's Social Technology
The Andreas04 Theme.