Search Engine Optimisation seems baffling to those of us who hire a consultant to get our sites higher up the search engine rankings, and frustrating for those of us who have to keep up with all the changes that Google makes to its algorithm to stay one step ahead. (See my blog posts from the other day to see just how much Google has changed SEO. This infographic from the Datadial blog makes things a little bit clearer – well a little bit less muddy anyway.
Now its more than just meta tags within the html pages. image file names, Body text, headings and bold text are all counted as are reviews and links. Embedded images and badges all help too. So Embed your button wherever you can. Create one!
It’s good also to see that great activity on social media sites has a good boost for being discovered and discoverable. Fresh activity on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn all contributes to your ranking. Keep it fresh, keep it relevant and the search engines will reward you for it…
Eileen Brown is the CEO at Amastra and Author of Working The Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business. She also writes the Social Business column for ZDNet.
Amastra energises your social media strategy: to connect with your customers, identify influencers and gain advocates for your brand.
We work with you to enhance collaboration in the workplace and make your business social.
We help you implement social tools that change the way you connect and work.
We transform social engagement, improving satisfaction and perception about your brand.
We forge your vibrant community, amplify your message and improve the quality of your connection to your customers.
We develop your social strategy, customer reach and online branding.
We enhance communication and connections across workgroups in your organisation.
If you are losing opportunities as you do not have an effective engagement framework, crisis plan or social media strategy, call us. Amastra can help you change the way you connect.
Get your social media strategy right. First time.
Get in touch:
Book: Working the Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business
Subscribe to our Newsletter. Sign up here:
Are you being… on LinkedIn moves closer to becom… LinkedIn moves close… on LinkedIn moves closer to becom… LinkedIn moves close… on How to use LinkedIn for CRM: N… Techiebird on Your Facebook status is not as… segmation on Your Facebook status is not as…
Search my previous blog entries
- RT @regvulture: #Exclusive IBM polishing axe, eyeing headcount in Blighty and Ireland again: Big Blue set to become Somewhat Smaller… http:… 4 hours ago
- I'd forgotten how awful the daily commute to London is. Amazed I did it for such a long time. Everyone on the train looks so miserable :-/ 4 hours ago
- RT @Forbes: Our latest cover story: Meg Whitman Jolts HP As Its Reluctant Savior bit.ly/10LMvkk #powerwomen 5 hours ago
- Yes please @blastStu I'd love to find out more about Chatterbox for ZDNet piece, @ewand I would appreciate the connection. :-) 5 hours ago
- wow @ronafairhead ex chair of Financial Times group has some awesome advice for get up and go women #whateverittakes compelling speaker :) 3 days ago
Blog Branding Business Collaboration Community Design Events Exchange Facebook Fun Inspiration Internet Leadership Management Marketing Mobile Off topic Online Brand Privacy Self Development Social Business Social Commerce Social Media Social Networking Strategy Technology Twitter Uncategorized Whimsy women in Technology